Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Hangover

Have you seen The Hangover?  The first time I saw that movie was with friends, and we laughed the entire way through it, in fact, we laughed so much my stomach hurt afterwards.  It must not have hurt too badly though because I went home and told Dave he had to see it too, and then I dragged him to it the next night.  Even though I knew when the jokes were coming, I still laughed, in fact I laughed ahead of them in giddy anticipation.

The movie is not for the kiddos, or for those easily offended, because the humor is often crude, the language is generally salty, and the situations are definitely Adult.

On Christmas Eve, Dave told me about an idea he had for my blog.  What if we were to take our Christmas pictures and make them into a montage similar to the one at the end of The Hangover (this montage, if you haven’t seen it, fills in the blanks of the movie in photo form…because the premise of the movie was that the characters couldn’t remember what they had done the night before). 

Ours would definitely be G rated, and would include lots of staged photos.  Remember that…the photos are staged!  He and I had a lot of fun on Christmas thinking of things to photograph, and the kids were mostly good sports (we ignored their occasional eye rolls).

Dave was the one who put the whole thing together though, the day after Christmas, and I love it!  Well done, honey!

Please enjoy this look at our (mostly not real) Christmas morning!

Of course, I’ve already thought of a bunch of picture ideas that it’s too late to use, like putting Herbie the guinea pig on the piano while Jack plays a song (like the chicken on the piano in the movie), so pretend there’s a photo like this in there.

6439e0d4309411e1abb01231381b65e3_7

I am currently knee deep putting together Playmobil toys.  The language in my head is not so G rated  at times, let me tell you. More on that in a future post.

4 comments:

Jemsmom said...

There are no words to describe how flipping funny that is!!!! I have to watch it a third time to just keep processing!!!! Ho ho holarious!!!!!

Deb said...

Staged. Right. *wink*

Hahahahahahaahaha. Next time we're coming to YOUR Christmas morning. ;)

corners of my life said...

After 20+ years Playmobil and Legos are the toys we still have - packed away for a new generation.

There was something just so familiar about your Christmas morning . . .

Jen said...

awesome- your video is better than the hangover version!!!! except i wouldve liked to see bradley cooper in yours!!!