Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

I could write a sappy, soppy entry about all I’m thankful for, because I really am thankful for so much. 

But I’m not going to.

Instead I’ll tell you about a little exchange I had this morning with Jack.  He reminds me that we should all just be thankful for the little things in life…like saws:

Jack:  Mom, when I grow up and I’m in jail, will you visit me and don’t forget to bring a saw so you can cut me out.

Me:  Jack, why will you be in jail?  Are you planning to be a naughty grown-up?

Jack:  In case I rob a bank or something.

Me:  But you’re a good boy now!  I don’t think you’ll be a naughty grown-up!

Jack:  Mom!  Just in case!  Bring a saw!

Me:  Jack, I promise to bring you a saw if you promise to not ever rob a bank and go to jail.

Jack:  Okay, mom, deal.


My funny little fella.   I am thankful for so much.
IMG_3254
Aww, heck, it got sappy after all.

No comments: