Sunday, August 22, 2010

Formal Wear

Jack and Maddie are in my brother’s wedding next month.  I just can’t wait for the big day, partly because I really LOVE weddings, but mostly because I can’t wait to officially welcome the lovely Jamae into our family.

Maddie already has her junior bridesmaid’s dress, but you will have to wait until the big day to see those pictures.

However, last week, I took The Baby to be fitted for his sweet, little, itty bitty, adorably handsome tuxedo. 

2010_0819lititz0237

Here he is with Aunt Jamae and her nephew Shaun:

2010_0819lititz0240

But what I want you to notice in the picture above, is that

a) he is also trying on one shiny tuxedo shoe

b) we didn’t think to wear socks

c) luckily the store provided those little nylon-y sock-y things

d) Jack is wearing one on the foot that doesn’t need to try on a shoe.

He just thought they were awesome.  The guy initially gave him one little nylon-y sock-y thing and Jack asked for a second so he’d have a set.  Jack liked the fact that a box of them sat on the desk like samples at the grocery store for anyone to have.  What a bargain!

When it was time to go, I looked down and realized that…

2010_0819lititz0245

…yes.  He  had decided to wear them home.

And when we got in the car he said, “Mama, look in your purse!”

I looked.

He had gotten a pair for me too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to stay as far away from the wedding prep as possible, but when my son starts wearing stockings I might have to draw the line. At least you are documenting his crossdressing tendencies that we can hold against him when he's older.

Wendy said...

Beth,
I think I may have laughed, no snorted out loud when I read he got you a pair! You are one lucky momma :)
Wendy

Maria M. Boyer said...

That Jack is definitely "a keeper!" So cute.

Deb said...

Yay on the wedding! He sure is cute! You are totally going to be the coolest mom in town. Do you think he can get me a pair?

Let's hope he doesn't spike the pillow like a football and scream "Noooooo!" like a little ring bearer I know.

Crickit said...

This is so cute! He may try to wear them to the actual wedding. :)

I love that he got you a pair too... what a sweetheart!