Monday, August 16, 2010

Fuzzy Facebook Updates

I just love Facebook.  I enjoy checking in a few times a day and seeing what all of my real friends and pretend friends are up to.  I update my status every once and awhile, though not as much as I did initially.  Interesting things just don’t seem to happen to me.  I stopped frequent updating after I realized I had typed in “is staring at the computer screen trying to come up with a status” and decided I was too lame for words.

Wouldn’t it be awesome, though, if we could have a Facebook for pets?  Maybe in the future, when we have flying cars, and meals in a pill, and robot maids, and moving sidewalks, just like on The Jetsons,  pets would be outfitted with computer keyboards made just for them with special bark/meow/squeak to human translators, smell check, and maybe even a built in water bowl.   I think Fuzzbook or MyCage, or possibly LickedIn would go something like this…


Herbie is eating carrots.
Ginger Save some for me!
Deuce ew carrots dude u r disgusting.
Herbie lol well you are a dog Deuce go lick another dog butt already.
Ginger save some for me!
Tiny roflmao!
Herbie could use some new pine shavings in the cage already ppl!
Ginger omg I know what you mean what is with our owners?
Herbie I know!  Totally!
Ginger Like the other day I squeaked when they opened the fridge and…nothing!
Herbie if only I had thumbs I’d go open the fridge door myself.
Ginger if anyone could do it, u could, SweetCheeks.
Herbie aw I’m totally blushing under this hair now. U r the best Gingy.  BRB POS.
Herbie is heading to the vet today.  UGH.
Tiny ohhh, man, feel ur pain
Cooper will be praying 4 u
Ginger u cn do it, Herbie!  Call me.
Deuce just 8 all the chocolate out of the candy bowls.    C u there, dude.
~~~~~

It would be cool, you have to admit, but I mostly just want a flying car and maybe Jane Jetson’s sweet wardrobe.  Oooh!  And that elevator tube that shoots them up to their apartment and the push button meal maker!

But mostly just the flying car.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Beth you crack me up!! Ginger has said all those things!! And she does miss her sweet cheeks...she is wondering why we haven't scheduled any more play dates, maybe herbie met someone new. You know it was a tough seperation on everyone ;)

Wendy

Maria M. Boyer said...

You ARE too funny! You should write a book of essays. I'll edit it for you! :)

BTW, there used to be a way to give your dog his/her own Facebook page. Don't know why Herbie couldn't have one also. Forget the name of the app though. Ho hum.

Karen said...

VeRy funny! Those poor pets, having to put up us!

Tiffanee said...

Very cute!! Thanks for a good laugh!! I loved the Jetson's!

Deb said...

Cooper is very honored to be included on Herbie's LickedIn page. Except he'd like to edit his line:

Dude, don't ^*@&#%$ go! They'll cut your &@%%# off! WTF!!!

Jen said...

Your blog always puts a smile on my face..I love it!

Unknown said...

oh my Beth....this blog post is HILARIOUS!!! I'm laughing so hard!