Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just Jokin'

Jack and I were relaxing on the front porch swing this morning when he told me a joke.

Jack:  "Mom, what do you call a giraffe and a chinchilla?"
Me:  "I don't know.  What?"
Jack:  "A Ginchilla!"

I gave a good hearty fake laugh and that encourage him to tell me another.  This one is based on one I told him several months ago about Where Do You Keep a Dog at Night? --Why in a Barking Lot Of Course! 
And he never really did get it.

Jack:  "Mom, where do you keep a chinchilla at night?"
Me:  "I don't know, Jack, where?"
Jack:  "In a parking lot for chinchillas!"

[hahahahahahagoodonejackhahaha]

Jack decided the next joke should come from me.  Knowing his low standards for joke appreciation, and not being able to come up with an actual joke...

Me:  "What did the grasshopper say to the ant?"
Jack:  "I don't know, what?"
Me:  "Watch out!  I'm going to hop over you!"
[brief period of silence]\
Jack:  "Oh, I get it.  Because the grasshopper is bigger than the ant he can hop over him.  You know, that wan't a very good one, mom."
Me:  "Sorry, dude.   I'll work on it."

No comments: