Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

Well, not quite.  We had a two hour delay, though!

And it’s good to be a kindergartner.

2011_0112jackinthesnow0008

Because while your brother and sister are slaving away in school, you get to make snow angels…

2011_0112jackinthesnow0004

and eat icicles and go sledding then take a break…

2011_0112jackinthesnow0031

…and be the first to knock all the snow off of the trees…

2011_0112jackinthesnow0022

…and scare your mother half to death…

2011_0112jackinthesnow0011

I was snapping a shot of him getting in position to slide when he slipped.  He hung on while I ran and grabbed him.  Let me repeat, I did not hang out to snap the pic as he hung there…do you see the snow falling off as he slipped? 

My hair is a little grayer than it was this morning.

Then it was back inside for hot chocolate and a little Mario Brothers on his DS and a snuggle with me.

By the way, we found the earrings!  Jack was behind the sofa end table (don’t ask why, there was probably no good reason) when he found the present hiding behind a picture frame on the end table.  Maddie’s very happy with her late birthday present!

I hope you are enjoying your snow as much as we are!

4 comments:

Jen said...

awesome pics...courtney is also hooked on mario brs..plays it everyday
happy b-dayy!!!!

corners of my life said...

A "two hour" gift. Certainly looks like fun!

Jemsmom said...

That first picture is stunning!!!! You are getting good girl!!! I love all the pictures except for the falling one. That is a heart attack in the making! I miss playing in the snow with Jemma. We got to for a bit in Tennessee, but once my toes get cold... I am done! Looks like you two had a great time together! So glad you found Maddie's earrings!!! Stay warm!

Karen said...

I've said it before, and I will say it again, YOU TAKE GREAT PICTURES! These are so beautiful, and it sure doesn't hurt having such a handsome subject. What a great day!