Friday, January 7, 2011

Try My Nuts

2010_0808obx10118

Sorry.  We always pass this billboard on the way to the Outer Banks and I couldn’t resist using it as a title.  Just be glad I didn’t use this as a title:

2010_0808obx10120

Anywho, this is a little late for the holiday season, but I was busy, okay!  Geez!  Give me a break!  Sorry I’m not as PERFECT and SCHEDULED and CLEAN as you are!

Kidding!  Anywhooo, I made Glazed Pecans for the holidays and thought I’d share the recipe with you.  They really are nice to give as gifts, but they are absolutely yummy and will disappear quickly and possibly never make it to your guests or gift recipients, they are that good.

2010_1222chrsitmasstuff0042

Basically, you mix together egg white, water, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and salt, then stir in pecans.   Spread that whole mess out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about an hour.    Easy and so so so so good.  I mean, really, really, I-can’t-zip-up-my-pants-anymore good.

2010_1222chrsitmasstuff0067

Glazed Pecans

1 egg white

4 t. water

1 T. vanilla extract

1/2 c. white sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

2 t. cinnamon

3/4 t. salt

1 pound pecan halves

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

Beet egg white in bowl until frothy. Beat in water and vanilla, then the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.  Fold in the pecans and stir to coat completely.  Spread pecans on the baking sheet.

Bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so.  Allow to cool on the baking sheet at least 10 minutes before serving.

I am linking this recipe to Foodie Friday!

 

P.S.  We haven’t found the earrings yet…

3 comments:

Donnie said...

You can also use the glaze for walnuts and it's just yummy. I imagine any nut would be delicious except pistachio. Hmmm Maybe not. Love the smart arsy signs.

Jemsmom said...

Who couldn't read this post with this title?!? Hilarious!!! I am so going to make those nuts. I love them! I don't think they are on my diet, but hey... you have to live a little!

Tiffanee said...

Love the signs! Thanks for a good laugh. The glazed nuts sound so delicious. Could you use other nuts? I am alergic to pecans, but this sounds so good.