Thursday, January 27, 2011

Who Drew on the Walls??

Here’s an idea for one of those housebound snow days, which came from my friend Maria.  We visited her this week and my kids were inspired…

2011_0127wikkisticks0012

These are Bendaroos, also known as Wikki Sticks.  I’ve used them with my kindergartners for making shapes, letters, and word wall words, but never thought of using them on actual walls until I saw Maria’s wall.

This one is Ben’s.  He’d really, really, really like Call of Duty Zombies.  Maybe in 4 or 5 years…

2011_0127wikkisticks0013

Lovely. 

They laughed every time the Wikki Stick person seemed to fit the tv show behind it. 

2011_0127wikkisticks0019

“Hahahahahahaha!  Look!  He’s sitting on Sam’s book!  Hahahahahahahaha!”

Then Maddie put a mustache on the mirror…

2011_0127wikkisticks0017

(She’s actually standing a few feet back from it.)

2011_0127wikkisticks0018

They are really looking forward to Dave coming home from a business trip tonight.  Here’s the plan:

1.  We hear the garage door going up.

2.  The kids run into the dining room and hide.

3.  Dave walks in and I tell him, “I have sent your children to bed early.  They drew all over the walls!  Can you believe it?!”

4.  He sees walls and possibly falls to the floor in a dead faint.

5.  They burst from the dining room and say, “Fooled you!  It’s just Bendaroos!” 

They think this is totally awesome and can’t wait!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

We are going to have to go buy some! Thanks for sharing the idea and thanks to Maria for thinking of it :)
you'll have to fill us in on what happens tonight!!
Wendy
PS(Tony says hi to Maddie!)

Jemsmom said...

Jemma wants those things so bad! I am going to have to get them for her! That looks like so much fun! I didn't know you were a teacher! I taught for 10 years and taught Transition 1st, 1st, 2nd and 4th! Very cool!

Crickit said...

Really wish I was a fly on the wall at your house tonight! Love the bendaroo's! :)

stephanie said...

Love the mustache, very clever! I wonder if Isaac's Restaurant still gives these away with their kid's meals?