Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gesundheit!

I only know a few words in German.  Gesundheit is one of them.  I also know hasenpfeffer (thank you Bugs Bunny), dummkopf, Volkswagon, dachshund, kindergarten, and O Tannenbaum.

So I had to look this one up: Wilkommen zuhause!
IMG00166-20110518-1519
(Um…I also know Auf wiedersehen.)

Welcome home!
Dave has been gone for 12 long, long, long, long, days.  We’re used to his work travels, but this is the longest he’s ever been away and it was way too long but he’s coming home today!  He was in England and Germany, apparently riding around on a Segway and having a ball the whole darn time.  He probably didn’t do a lick of work the whole time he was there, just rode around the autobahn on his segway, ate the local bratwurst and streusel, while out and about in his lederhosen, enjoying all the Fahrvergnügen he could handle (Ich bin ein Berliner!  I totally know more German words than I thought!)

We skyped him every day and he sent lots of emails and pictures of things like double decker buses and boats and tiny little cars and him riding on a Segway that made all of us very jealous and miss him even more.

Ach du Sauerkraut!  We can’t wait to see him!

3 comments:

Jemsmom said...

Welcome home!! I knew it before you said it! Ha! Actually, I am fluent in German! Seriously... we lived there for 2 1/2 years and the kids in the neighborhood felt it was their job to constantly correct my German! We loved it there. I am probably the only person you will ever meet that actaully lost their driver's license for speeding on the autobahn. Oh yeah, I am cool like that! Glad he is home and have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Ahh, 12 days is a LONG time, and I firmly believe that the distance makes a difference... like he must have felt so FAR away - not like spending 12 days at a hotel in Mechanicsburg! BUT, on the flip side you are all totally cool by association! I mean one of those wheely things... that is special... I have only seen those on TV - WOW!

Welcome Home, DAVE!

Slo said...

Dave looks extra good riding in his suit and tie - usually people are in "vacation clothing". He needs to bring one home so you can take turns riding it around your neighborhood! Glad he will be home again.ir