Monday, May 23, 2011

Whoopie!

IMG_0470Our school’s carnival was over the weekend.  The PTO does a terrifIMG_0469ic job of setting up teacher- and parent-run game booths, craft stands, and snack stands.  We thought the afternoon had hit the heights of excitement when Jack won us a cake in the Cake Walk on his first try! 

We thought the day could not get any better.  But we were wrong.  Because right after that, all three kids won Whoopie Cushions!

As you can imagine, the car was filled with the melodious tones of three busy whoopie cushions the entire way home. The joy those pink rubber balloons brought to our family cannot be described with mere words.  So I tried taking pictures, but that didn’t really work either.
2011_0522spring600472011_0522spring600692011_0522spring60046
Because neither words nor pictures can accurately portray the farty awesomeness that comes from a properly inflated whoopie cushion.  Even Herbie got in on the action.
IMG_0474
He just loved it.

Dave snuck upstairs and took a nap and while he was gone, Maddie dressed up as him and the kids made a video portraying him returning from Germany, sitting on his whoopie-cushioned chair and cutting a big old slice of cheese. 

Maddie ends the video by saying, “Oh my, I seem to have eaten too much sauerkraut while I was in Germany…excuuuse me.” 

2011_0522spring60070




*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Good times.

Besides the rip-roaring hilarity created every time a whoopie cushion was deflated, there were many, many, many, many attempts at whoopie cushion deception throughout the evening.  They got me twice.  Three times if you count the one hidden on my car seat when I got in the car for church this morning.  It was obvious where one was hidden at bedtime when all three children asked if I was going to bed soon and Jack even asked if I could come get him when I got into bed.  Just because.  Unfortunately, my head wasn’t heavy enough to set the one under my pillow off. 

  Oh, the glee, the mirth, the ecstatic, tooty pleasure those 3 whoopie cushions have given us!  Thank you PTO!

1 comment:

Jemsmom said...

You are so funny! I love that you guys made a video! You must be the coolest mom around! Now, you can give those to all your friends and family for Christmas! Spread the love!