Monday, June 13, 2011

Biggest Loser Results Are In!

If you’ve been reading our blogs for at least 3 months, then you know that Deb from Confessions of an Ugly Mom and I have been engaged in a hot competition, a battle to shed the (cough) baby weight (shut up), a dirty, no holds barred, Clash of the PudgeBottoms, what we liked calling Biggest Loser, Blogger Edition.

If there had been reality tv cameras around, you would have witnessed some pushing and shoving, lots of swearing, the occasional backstab, and frequent attempts at dietary sabotage.  It was a dirty, low-down, disgusting…well… actually, I have to admit… in Deb, I found the perfect weight loss partner. 

We were not at all spiteful and dirty, we checked in with each other weekly (at least) to share weight loss (or gain) and then the partner would congratulate/encourage/motivate the other partner, whatever was needed.  One time I emailed her that I had really fallen off the wagon and included a list of the things I ate.  I kind of expected her to get back to me with a “Don’t worry, Beth, you can start tomorrow, everyone has a bad day.”  But what I got was “What the heck is wrong with you?  Do you want to lose it after all that work?  Now put down the cookies and get back in the game!”  It kind of shocked me.  It was a little tough.  But it was just what I needed. 

IMG_0281

Very bad photo taken at a Mardi Gras party back in March. 

So the results.  We really were close.  Some weeks Deb lost more, some weeks I did, there was a stretch where neither of us lost anything, but we stuck with it.  In the final tally, I lost slightly more weight percentage-wise than Deb, and I mean teeny-tiny, eeny-meeny slightly, but, if you recall, we did agree that the loser would appear on the winner’s blog in her swim suit.  And I hate to do it to her, I mean, she has just been a super partner, the wind beneath my padded wings, my cheerleader and counselor. 

But rules are rules.

So…

DSCF3679-1

She’s the one in the cute tankini, holding what appears to be a blown up piranha.  And she is looking hot.  Her weight loss is noticeable, and I’m so proud of her.

We are planning to continue to lose weight with a certain weight loss goal in mind by the end of the summer, and we are planning to continue as weight loss partners.  Soon we will be so thin that other women will hate us when we walk in the room, and Vogue will complain that we make their supermodels look fat, and …well, really, we just want to go to swim parties and not be afraid to take our cover-ups off. 

It will happen, Deb.  Stick with me.

5 comments:

corners of my life said...

I am curious what your plan was for shedding pounds?? Congratulations ot your success!

Karen said...

Way to go girls! You both look great!

Deb said...

I am sooooo stuck with you. Even though you won.

!!!

I do just want to note that there really is a blow up piranha there -- it's not JUST the silhouette of my hips. :-)

Slo said...

I LOVE the pool picture -- this is so cute! Congrats to both of you!

Jemsmom said...

That is a fabulous bathing suit picture!!!! I love it! You guys are awesome and congrats to you and your weight loss!