Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Now You See It…

Can you spot the difference between these two pictures?  I’m warning you, it’s a tricky one.
  DSCF3636
DSCF3637
If you guessed that Jack’s orange Crocs are missing in the second picture, then… you may want to make an appointment with your eye doctor.  My favorite tree in our yard, my beautiful weeping cherry tree, decided not to bloom or even sprout out any leaves this year.  Nothing. 

I loved that tree!
2010_0417eastervalleydays00072010_0417eastervalleydays0011046
2010_05091stcommunion0011
Even though this picture was taken last spring, I think Ben somehow sensed the end was near for the weeping cherry, and this is definitely reflected in his sad, little face.  Or maybe he was just tired of all the doggone pictures already!

So now it’s gone.  Dave the lumberjack put on his flannel shirt and dungarees, stuck a plug o’ tobaccy in his mouth, and got ‘er done.  I sat on the porch swing and gave him some good, solid directions like “Careful of my hostas!” and “Don’t hit your foot with your axe!” and “Aren’t you getting hot in that flannel shirt?  Maybe you’d like to remove it?”

On a more positive note, the lilac bush that was hiding behind the cherry tree will now have its turn to shine, and there are black-eyed susans to the left of the hostas that you could never really see either. 

But for now I’m not planting anything new there…
DSCF3637-1
…at least, not until I find a tree as cute as this one.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Well, shoot, what's up with that? What you got goin' works because it sure didn't look like anything was missing. But I'm sorta thinking you've been picking the leaves off all spring just so you could cat-call to your hubby.