Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We Love Mo

Willems, that is.

DSCF4160

Mo Willems wrote the Knuffle Bunny books and the Pigeon Books (Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!), but our favorites are his Piggie and Elephant books.

DSCF4173

They are sweet, funny easy readers.   I probably get the humor a little bit more than Jack, who still thinks they are funny on a 6 year old level. 

Today something is bothering Jack a little bit.

DSCF4171

It’s his first loose tooth.

DSCF4161

He decided while reading the book, that his loose tooth had given him a lisp.  He didn’t know the word lisp, but he knew the Christmas song, “All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth” and he began to read with a lisp.

DSCF4177

It sounded something like this:

“That is a good idea-th!”  “That is a funny idea-th!”  “Here I go-th!”

That lasted for about half the book before he decided he didn’t really have a lisp anymore.  But it added a whole other level of humor to the book for me!

DSCF4180

My funny Jack-th.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Love the picture of that TOOTH! Good luck, Jack. May the Force be with you.

Jen said...

Courtney just found her first loose tooth a couple of days ago- now everytime she sees a crumb on the couch(ahhh which they are everywhere!) she thinks it's her tooth-

corners of my life said...

Still reading books after school is out?! Next year's teacher will love him.