Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Plans from A to Z

Meg from Whatever always puts up a summer list of the things she’s planning to do with her kids during the summer.  Hers is very cool, on a giant chalkboard that is about as tall as she is.  My list is on a piece of paper from the tablet I use to write my grocery list.   But my list has something Meg’s does not, and that is extremely cool alphabetization!

Everything is more awesome when it is alphabetized.  I think I’m going to make that my new slogan.

Anywho, here are our plans.  I’m stretching it in some places, because finding something valid for each letter was quite the daunting task, but I did it, and I hope to have them all crossed off by August 28.

A - apricot and raspberry picking

B – bowling (I signed up for the Kids Bowl Free 1x per week at our local bowling alley)

C - Catch fireflies

D - drive-in movie

E - eat watermelon, sweet corn, and lots of popsicles

F - fireworks and sparklers!

G - go to the beach (Cape May this year!)

H - Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2—can’t wait!

I - ice cream!

J - jobs and schoolwork (I am mean)

K - Knoebel’s Grove

L – Lake Tobias and Lititz Park

M – maintain my sanity

N – Niagara Falls!

O – orthodontist for Maddie (she’s excited!)

P – pool parties

Q – Quittie Park hike

R – Rails to Trails - bike it!

S – s’mores by the firepit

T – tomato sandwiches and pasta with fresh tomato sauce!

U – underutilize my yelling voice…

V – volunteer at church festival (we have the Hoop Hoop Hooray booth this Saturday night, come out and see us!)

W- water balloon fight!

X – NO x-rays!

Y – ymake and paint with homemade sidewalk paint (sorry, I know ymake is cheating)

Z – zoo in Toronto

 

So far we are into our second week of summer vacation and all is well.  We’ve started in on our summer jobs/schoolwork with only the tiniest bit of whining, the fighting has been slightly below average, I’ve only heard “I’m Boooored” about 22 times, and we’ve already crossed seven items off of our list!

Sparklers—check!

DSCF4154DSCF4131DSCF4139

Wish me luck with Letters M and U.  They’re going to be the most challenging.

4 comments:

Jen said...

let me know if there is any chance of the letter u working out for you!

Crickit said...

I love your list! Best wishes comimg your way as you work on the letter's M & U!!

Tara said...

I am totally going to steal this idea! Minus the alphabetizing though; I'm not that clever!

Wendy said...

Love this Beth! No doubt you will accomplish them all...even letter M!