Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blog Soup

Thanks for all of your suggestions!  In my last blogpost I whined kindly asked for your input on some topics for future blogposts.  Wow.  Did you guys come through for me!

Taradactyl suggested I discuss the Guinea Pig Geico commercial or go to Wikipedia and look up “Coffee Talk With Linda Richman” because Linda was always good at giving her audience topics to discuss, or, Taradactyl suggested, I could scan old pictures of me and talk about them, which was probably the best idea of the day, because who does not like to look at old pictures of me?

Stephanie at Conversations from the Cul-de-Sac suggested I make things up.  Nice!  I have a new appreciation of you, Stephanie!

Deb at Confessions of an Ugly Mom suggested I write about her (Deb), or stinkbugs, or the car show (I didn’t even know there was a car show in town…where is it, Deb?), or do a Sinkhole tour.  The funny thing about her last suggestions is that Dave suggested I do the same thing after all that rain when our town became a giant piece of Swiss cheese, and I was totes going to do it, but couldn’t drive around freely (too many roadblocks) to get pictures, and then I kind of forgot about it.  Doh.

So, thank you for the ideas!  I think I’m going to combine them all to make one giant Blogaganza of a post!  But I need time for that.  I’ll need to sharpen my pencils, stock up on “thinkin’ snacks”, and spend the afternoon looking at old pictures of me.  For research purposes.

I already have a post planned for Friday (Jack’s birthday) so I am going to post my Blogaganza on Monday the 10th.  Mark your calendars and please tune in then, and for now, enjoy this old picture of me on Christmas morning in my Granny nightie wearing a new pair of bunny earmuffs!
DSCF7054
And look!  My dad is handing you a present!  It’s your lucky day, yo!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Can't wait! Laughing out loud at the last picture,yo! You might be on to something here. Funny captions under old pictures. Kind of like People of Walmart meets Dirty Laundry. Maybe?

What are your thinkin' snacks? Just curious, as I shove a creamy lemon cheese cake bar in my face (last night's new dessert= Stephanie's next day, snack all day food)

Deb said...

Ditto everything Stephanie said. Except ... Stephanie et al, Snacks=Chocolate.

We are a fun bunch. We make me smile. :)

Jemsmom said...

Oh, my!!! Bunny ear muffs? Seriously??? That is so flipping funny to me for some reason as I keep giggling. I just scarfed down the last three squares of my german chocolate bar filled with strawberry stuff. It is the best stuff in the world!!!!!

Tara said...

Love the picture! I'm thinking you could start a whole new blog, with just pictures of you. 'Cause, you know, between your house and job and kids and husband and facebook and pinterest and this blog, you need another blog.