Monday, October 17, 2011

Bug Boy and the Scaredy Cat Sister

It’s Praying Mantis time!

DSCF7106

Jack found this guy over the weekend and played with him for a good ten minutes before letting him go. 

DSCF7116

It’s all fun and games until somebody decides to climb onto the camera lens.

DSCF7118

DSCF7119

Maddie grabbed my phone for me so I could show you how much he enjoyed hanging around on my camera.

5948778e1f1e48c4b2e2fe3bdf9fb140_7

Finally Maddie got brave enough to hold the little fella.

DSCF7123

Until one of his legs poked through  her sweater…

DSCF7124

A good mother would have put down her camera and removed the praying mantis from her sleeve.

DSCF7125

I am not that mother.

DSCF7105-1

The end.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I would totally be screaming just like Maddie if the praying mantis was on me. And yet, I giggled when i saw the picture of her squealing; is that wrong? It might be wrong.

Deb said...

Is there some sort of contest you can enter!?!?!? You take the most wonderful bug pictures! Which is saying a lot because I'm not a fan of bugs, but I LOVE your bug posts. All of your posts, really, but the fact that I love your bug posts too is saying something! (S)he is gorgeous. Love the one of her/him talking to Jack.

corners of my life said...

I would say you prety much get an award for being a good mother so don't worry about this one "slip-up". It was worth it for the great photos.

stephanie said...

Maddie's face is priceless! I see you now know how to add a watermark!! WTG, Beth.

I am making your BBQ Chicken Pie for dinner tonight! Although what I thought was a pie crust in the freezer turned out to be puff pastry. Now I've got to run to the store AGAIN!

Karen said...

I agree! You win both bug photographer and fun mom award... I mean did you see Maddie's face? Priceless - I am sure Jack was atleast laughing! Plus, I know what a good sport Maddie is and we all would have totally made the same face, just not looked as cute as she did making it!

Wendy said...

Beth,
Awesome photo's! You do take amazing bug photo's and I think P.W. has to have some photo contest you can enter them in.
Sweet Maddie....I would have been screaming, too!
Wendy