Monday, October 3, 2011

The Well Has Done Gone Dry

I am officially out of blogpost ideas.  I have one for Friday, because it’s Jack’s birthday weekend, but until then, you are going to have to go somewhere else for your free entertainment.  Like  Walmart or your mailbox or Nickjr.com.

So instead of writing something witty and smart, I am going to just tell you about my weekend.  Jane Doe did that over at Taradactyl, and if she can do it, then so can I.  Of course, she has a great photo of she and her husband in matching sweatshirts.  I can’t even come close to touching that awesomeness.  Also, her weekend update was both witty and smart, and also a tad controversial since she bashed Wilbur Buds, so FINE!  WHATEVER! Just go read her blog and forget about mine!  I don’t even care!  You fickle stupidheads!

So my weekend!  Friday night was fun!  We went to the high school football game because Maddie (and any other middle schooler who wanted to) got a chance to play her flute with the marching band for their pregame show!
DSCF7003
Ahhhhh, Friday night football.
DSCF7009
Dave used to play football.  And I used to be in the band.  I don’t think our high schools ever played each other because mine was bigger, but I bet if we had, I’d have felt a little chill, a gnawing subconscious feeling that my destiny was near. 
DSCF7045-1DSCF7048-1
Or maybe not.
Then on Saturday morning we bundled up and went to Ben’s flag football game.  There was a lot of whining all the way around about how cold it was.  The babies.
DSCF7042
I was all, “Look at the players out there wearing shorts and sliding around in the mud!  Stop yer complaining!”

They were all, “Can I have some hot chocolate? Please?”

And I was all, “Fine.”

Really, when you think about it, it wasn’t a very interesting conversation.
DSCF7043
Then we went home and did some boring stuff like watch t.v. and cleanup a little bit and stare gloomily out the window at the rain.  Luckily, Dave and I had dinner with friends to look forward to, so that was very fun! 

Then on Sunday, we went to church where I swear Jack did not sit still for two minutes, as he was surrounded by first grade friends (somehow we all managed to sit close together…I will not make that mistake again) so for the first 10 minutes or so he waved openly to his friends, until I noticed and clamped down on that, then he waved discreetly at his friends until I noticed and clamped down on that, and then he held up his guinea pig book so his friends could also view the pictures until I clamped down on that and then I threatened that any further communication with the friends would result in lost snacks/desserts and then he stopped and just got wiggly.  It was a long morning.

In the afternoon, Maddie and I headed out for a shopping trip together since she outgrew her nice pants from last year (and ended up wearing white capris to church that morning…both a fashion no-no and a comfort no-no as it was cold) so we got her nice pants and also a pair of shoes that look like slippers to me.  See?
DSCF7051
I even asked the salesgirl if they were shoes or slippers and she gave me a withering look and said, “They are shoes, ma’am, see?” And then she showed me her feet and she was wearing the same shoes/slippers and I think Maddie almost died of embarrassment so we got the shoes/slippers and I promised to never mention that moment again.  Except for right now.

Then driving home,we were listening to NPR (the ultimate in cool), and they were interviewing a teenager and they asked her, “How should I, as an adult, talk in a way that would make my teenage daughter think I am cool?”  The interviewer asked the question jokingly, but the teenager answered seriously:  “Talk in abbrevs.  Like… ‘She is totes jeal of you, yo’.”  So now I’m all about talking in abbrevs, and ending sentences with yo, and I’m pretty sure Maddie thinks I’m totes cool.

We had tacos for sups, yo.  We visited the ‘rents and ate soft pretz’s for a bedtime snack, then hit the sheets, yo.

And that was my weekend.  Yo.

I’m begging you for post ideas. If you’ve got something you think I could write about, type it in the comments, yo.

6 comments:

Tara said...

OOOHHHH!! A mention on your blog! I'm gonna go sit and wait for a spike in my traffic! You know, an increase from the normal 12 who read it. But in the meantime, I encourage you to wikipedia Coffee Talk with Linda Richman for a convenient list of discussion topics to blog about, my favorite being "The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire." Or, you could just continue to scan and post old pictures of yourself; that's always fun!

Tara said...

PS Those look like slippers to me too. Totes.

Wendy said...

Our Maddie has the same "shoes" and I questioned her, too. Miss Sarah has been sneaking them on the days she doesn't wear them. Tell Maddie hurray for playing in the Marching Band!!

Jemsmom said...

Cold??? What is that??? I will say that I actually wore a sweatshirt for an hour or two Saturday morning while we got the garage sale stuff ready. Then I took it off and got a sunburn! I think they look like house shoes myself, but what do I know, yo!

stephanie said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Your well is not dry and you are not out of ideas to blog about. I will not allow such nonsense! You are so dang smart and funny, you must come up with something. Just make stuff up homie, yo. True dat, yo.

Deb said...

You could write about me. I'm totally cool and interesting and I'm not gonna do it, apparently.

Or post beautiful pictures of stinkbugs.

Post a sinkhole tour.

Go to the car show, buy a part and figure out a use for it that has nothing to do with cars.