Monday, August 15, 2011

Beach-errific!

We were on vacation in Cape May, NJ, last week!  I know how excited you must be for us, since you were stuck at home watching Spongebob  reruns and getting rained on and doing your laundry and going back-to-school shopping and such, you are probably thinking, “Oh, I hope she posts some photos, lots and lots of pictures of her children doing mildly cute things and her husband looking all forearm-y, that would not be boring at all.” 

Oh!  How nice of you to ask!  I took about 700 bajillion photos, but I will try to trim it down a bit for you and spread it all out over a few posts.  Because I’m thoughtful that way.

Today’s theme is Beach Pictures. We are all beach bums.  Everyone likes boogie boarding and body surfing and digging in the sand.  I like making drippy castles and reading and hiding my adult beverage from the nosy lifeguards, but I did get into the water here and there.  A bit.DSCF5733

DSCF5730

DSCF5696

Mm-hmmm.  Oh yeah.

DSCF5828

We went with Dave’s family: his mom and dad, who treat all of us to the week in a beautiful beach house; his sister, her husband, and their boys;  his older brother; his younger brother and his girlfriend.  Got that?

DSCF5890

DSCF5754

OMG!  SHARK!  DAVE!  WATCH OUT FOR THE SHARK!

DSCF6238

What?  Oh, that’s a dolphin, you say?  Well. Don’t let him charm you to death then!

We see dolphins every year, but can you believe this year we saw a particularly happy dolphin, and I caught it on film!

DSCF6183

How lucky was that?

DSCF6254

Fine, okay, stop it with the gagging sounds.  I’ve always wanted to do this in the sand, and Dave was in a cooperative mood.  He probably regrets it now though, since I posted this photo on Facebook.  They are going to make fun of him big time at Fantasy Football Planning Night or whatever it’s called.    Or possibly, they will applaud him for his sensitivity.DSCF5689

Here is Mike, Dave’s baby brother. 

DSCF5773

We love Uncle Mike and his girlfriend Nicole. 

DSCF5809DSCF5756

We would love to be calling her Aunt Nicole, hint- hint, Mike.

DSCF6198

DSCF6248

Maddie and I tried writing this out with pebbles but we were never fast enough…the water would come and wash it all away at about “CapeM”.  Finally we just said “To heck with it” and wrote it out with a shovel.  True story.  I know you must be amazed at our resourcefulness.

Up next post:  The Houses of Cape May. 

4 comments:

Jemsmom said...

Looks like a good time!!! I can not believe dolphins were that close to you guys!!! Seriously or did you photoshop? I love love love dolphins! There are a few restaurants we go to and you will see them while you are eating. Just makes my night! Tom always writes our names in the sand and we take a picture. We are dorky that way and I am so loving the footprints! Girl, drag the story and pictures out. I love it! Heck, I am the queen of dragging a vacation out for 2 or 3 months!!!

Beth said...

I swear, no dolphins were phtoshopped in the making of this blog!

Tara said...

Wow, lots of great pictures! I especialy like the footprints in the sand shot; you're so creative! I might have to steal that from you next year. By the way, I love multiple beach posts!! Keep 'em coming!

Holly said...

So glad you had a great time. Thanks for some musclely shots. I kinda needed that today.