Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bug Boy

Jack is a bug boy.

DSCF5564

He likes inchworms, butterflies, grasshoppers, crickets, earthworms, ladybugs, dragonflies…almost any nice bug you can name, Jack has probably adopted it, cared for it, accidentally killed it, and cried at its funeral.

DSCF5570

He’s excited that Giant Grasshopper time has arrived.

DSCF5276

DSCF5281

He was getting bored with crickets.

DSCF5349

This praying mantis was from two years ago.  Jack’s hoping to find another one this fall.

2009_0924prayingmantis0015

Even at age two the Ladies loved Jack.

134_3436

He is under strict orders to keep his bugs out  of the house, but the other day I heard him utter these very unwelcome words: '”Uh oh, my bug got out!”  Turns out he “accidentally” brought in a moth who had luckily seen a slim chance at freedom around the saran-wrapped edge of an air hole and jumped ship.  We haven’t found him yet.  I was just glad it wasn’t a creepy, hairy spider or a noisy cicada.

IMG_0132

Or for that matter, a frog.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Maybe one day your bug boy can marry my bug girl! Can't wait to show these pictures to Miss Sarah!
Wendy

Jemsmom said...

Oh my... the grasshopper picture and cricket one got me. Ughhhhh...

Karen said...

A have a soft spot in my heart for bug boys....... and he is just so cute to boot!

Karen said...

Why did I type "A" instead of "I"? Maybe an accent A am developing??? :)