Sunday, August 21, 2011

Photo Booth Memories

You know those photo booths you find in places like arcades and boardwalks?  Well, I love those things.  My parents have a strip of one from their honeymoon, and then they have a few with baby me, then toddler me, then big girl me.  I’m not sure there are any with my brothers-- for some reason my parents stopped doing the photo booths before they were born.  Probably they just weren’t as photogenic as I was.

Dave and I had been joining his family for their annual beach trip for a few years before we actually got married, and I always insisted we do the photo booths, and then we continued to do them after we got married, and then we added Maddie in to the pictures… but we don’t have any with Ben or Jack (who are extremely photogenic) because by then we were in the Outer Banks (which really needs to put a darn photo booth somewhere!)

A week before our trip, I found the envelope filled with our old photo booth strips!  I had completely forgotten about the photo booths over the years, so I was so excited to realize we’d be headed to a place that had them.  I showed them to the kids and they got excited too.  It was cool to watch us age.  Well, it was not so cool to see me age, but you get the picture. 

DSCF6583

L-R-1995, 1996, 1997

DSCF6585

L-R-1998, 2000, 2001

Our last day in Cape May, we all crowded into the booth.  But either they make the booths smaller nowadays, or there are just too dang many of us!  On our first try, we could hardly see Jack in any of the pictures, we kept trying to lift him up, but we just couldn’t get him in the frame.  Also, we were all laughing hysterically.  It was truly one of my fondest memories of the trip.

We put in another three dollars and tried again.  This time we had the three kids posing with orders to rush out after the second picture, when Dave and I would rush in for our turn.  This too was very funny.  I’m sure we entertained any and all onlookers outside of that photo booth.

And here they are.

DSCF6587

                                    Geez Louise, when did I get so old?

Jack decided to spend three of his own dollars to have a private photo session, and this may be my favorite one of all.

DSCF6588

Thank you photo booth!  I heart you!  See you next year!

5 comments:

Karen said...

ADORABLE!!! You, Dave, the cute little babies and big kids too... you are all so stinkin' adorable!

stephanie said...

Girlfriend we only get better with age, like fine wine! I think you can actually rent those photo booths now. Wouldn't that be fun to have out by the pool all summer!!

Tara said...

How fun is that?!! I love it!

Crickit said...

I LOVE that you have kept all of the previous photo booth pics!

What great memories you have!

And... you are not OLD! :)

Jemsmom said...

A) You look fantastic and only get better with age!

B) What a wonderful tradition for your family! Think about cramming in there when the boys are teens! Ha!