Friday, September 2, 2011

Instagram August

We started off the month at the beach and the boardwalk (Ha!  And you thought the beach posts were finished!)
IMG_0880IMG_0897
IMG_0949IMG_0879

It’s kind of cool when the colors in the pool match the colors in the sky…and not just boring, old blue.  Now that the sun has been going down a little earlier, we did quite a bit more night swimming in August than we did earlier in the summer.
IMG_0816IMG_0818

We visited a family with the best dog in the world.
IMG_0921
        Seriously?  I may dognap him.  They might want to lock him up at night.

We had the sinkhole in our front yard fixed and we weathered Hurricane Irene.
IMG_0930IMG_0944

We discovered our new favorite place for ice cream!  (Those are called Stuffed Snowballs…very creamy soft-serve atop a snowcone!)
IMG_0943
We did our first round of apple picking.  These are galas, which we used to make applesauce (you’ll see that one next week) and good old apple crisp, but the apple I really can’t wait for is the Crispin, due out on September 23.  I just read in the paper yesterday, though, that a lot of the Crispin crop was lost due to Hurricane Irene.  They are such a big heavy apple, I guess they’re easy to blow off a tree.
 IMG_0947
Apples + Irene= Bad Joke:  Why didn't the two worms go into Noah's ark in an apple? Because everyone had to go in pairs !  Sorry.

Then everyone headed back to school.  Here is my happy first grader eating lunch in the cafeteria for the first time!
IMG_0956
Now August is over and September has begun.  The weather has been crisp and perfect, with temperatures in the eighties and very low humidity.  This week I actually wore my hair down (not in a ponytail) for the first time in months.  I am sorry to see summer end, but at least I’ve got those Crispins to look forward to! Maybe.

I am linking this post with InstaFriday at Life Rearranged

3 comments:

Tamera Beardsley said...

Such beautiful photos!

We celebrate Labor Day, with a drive to go apple picking, it's my favorite way to celebrate fall's onset!

Thanks for sharing your week in Life Rearranged, I so enjoyed the quick peek into a week in your life!

Jemsmom said...

Those pictures are so cool! Are they with your phone? I miss apple orchards. We went all the time when we lived in Michigan. That is some sinkhole! Jeez!!!! I love the picture of your first grader! That face is precious!

Unknown said...

I love that picture of the toes in the sand! It makes me want to go get a pedicure! I am a new visitor to your blog from Life Rearranged. Have a great weekend.