Friday, September 30, 2011

Instagram September

Can you believe today is the last day of September?  This month just flew by.  Here’s how we spent our month in Instagram:

We went to a family Labor Day picnic at my Aunt Betty’s house.  It was nice seeing family.   Here’s my baby brother Jesse and my dad.  Isn’t it uncanny how they look alike?  They were even wearing almost matching shirts. 

jesse and dad

Hmmm, I’m not sure this photo really does the resemblance justice, you will just have to trust me on this one.

The kids returned to school!  Hooray!  Here are the boys scootering to the school bus.  I like when just one of them decides to scooter, because then I can scooter back home after they get on the bus.  I think I probably look really young and cool and hip when I am scootering.  Probably.

j & b onscooters

I’ve been able to go lots of places all by myself this month.  One place I’ve been a lot is the library, and when I saw this book on the shelf I nearly peed my pants. 

book

I had no idea there was an audience out there for pregnancy romance.  What’s next?  Premenstrual romance novels?  Seven Days of Hell, Twenty-One Days of Heaven:   join Brittany and her poolboy Paco as they ride the roller coaster of love that is the menstrual cycle.  “Oh Paco, the things you can do with a pool skimmer, oooooh my…DUDE!  MY BR**STS ARE TENDER-- DID I OR DID I NOT MENTION THAT??? Oh Paco, I’m sorry, I just don’t know what’s wrong with me…[crying]  You’re the best thing that ever happened to me, baby.  I’M GONNA PUT THAT POOL SKIMMER WHERE THE SUN DON’T SHINE MISTER IF YOU GIVE ME THAT LOOK AGAIN!”

Ahem.

Ben has decided to be a professional wrestler when he grows up.  No, not the kind that gets pinned on high school gym mats, but the kind who dresses up in crazy outfits and throws his opponents into folding chairs.  I’m so proud.   He’s been working on his flips.

ben flips

We had a little rain this month!

roadlake

Neither of those places should have any water on them at all.  The one on the left is the road to our development (see the houses on the hill) and the one on the right is IN our development.  Crazy, crazy amount of rain.

Oh!  Also, all of that rain gave our fair city its share of sinkholes!  This one opened up right outside our development’s entrance, effectively cutting us off from the north side of town (the sinkhole extended under the road all the way across the street).

sinkhole

Jack started taking piano lessons and loves it!

jack piano

My friend Sue got puppies and named them McGee and Tobey.  Don’t you just wanna hug ‘em and kiss ‘em and tickle their bellies?  (The puppies, not Sue, though she is mighty cute too).

sue and puppies

It’s pumpkin time!  We got our pumpkins a little bit early because someone started a vicious rumor that there is a pumpkin shortage out there and we were afraid we’d miss out if we waited too long. 

pumpkins

My bratty brother Dave and the lovely Jamae moved into a beautiful new house this month!  I helped them move (a little bit).  While loading boxes into my minivan, I noticed these feet peeking out at me:

troll feet

Disfigured Barbie feet?  Muppet feet?  I just had to open the box and snoop.

trolls7

Troll feet!  And a big old Garfield.  Tee hee!  It’s so cute that Jamae has kept her Trolls all these years!  (Unless they are my brother’s, in which case…that’s kinda weird.)

We also watched Jamae’s sister Chelsea’s daughter one evening so they’d all have some time to paint without a two year old running around.  Hailey was so good and sweet.  We loved having her every minute.

hailey

Have a great weekend!

I am linking this post to Life Rearranged and Instagram Friday!

P.S. I can’t use words like br**sts because weird people might google something like “pumpkin br&&sts” and then because I have the words “pumpkin” and “br%%sts” in my post, google will offer it to the weirdo as a choice.  I try to keep the weirdos away when I can.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Too late, the weirdos are already here after googling "Premenstrual romance." (Hello, weirdos.)

But I beat them to the comments, so I'll jump right in here and say GREAT PHOTOS, as usual.

Off to find Sue's belly.

Snort.

Jemsmom said...

Great pics! I love how you recap the month. Geez oh Pete... that isn't a sink hole! That is a black hole to no where!!!! The romance story. I think you should run with it. That is FUNNY stuff!!!

Tara said...

I looked up The Greek's Pregnant Lover on Amazon. It had lots of positive reviews, with people commenting on how well-written it is. Please tell me you checked it out and are almost ready to post your own glowing review as well?!