Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Quiz

Don’t you just love all of those quizzes in magazines?  Where else can you get good advice for (almost) free?

Okay, besides there.

Back when I was a Seventeen reader, it was so useful when the quizzes helped me decided which celebrity crush would be my perfect match (Matt Dillon, Michael J.Fox, or Rick Springfield), which hairstyle flattered me the most (permed and big, permed and bigger, permed and biggest), or how to tell if he really liked me (he usually didn’t).

Then I matured.  My gosh, when I started reading those Cosmo quizzes, I learned a whole new, frightening array of knowledge.  In fact, if I had had this knowledge back when I read Seventeen, I’m betting I totally would have aced those “Does He Really Like You” quizzes.   Now, of course, the occasional quiz comes from Good Housekeeping and is usually titled something like “Can You Get Out That Stain?” with questions like “Your son skinned his knee on the sidewalk and his pants are a bloody mess.  Do you a) run it under hot water, b) run it under cold water, or c) buy new pants.”

Quizzes were totally more fun in my twenties.

Would you like to take a quiz on this gloomy, rainy, humid (at least here) day? 

a)  yes,  I’m so excited, Beth you are the BEST!

b) no, why don’t you write a real blogpost one of these days?

c)  maybe, after I get the blood out of my son’s pants

Correct answer: A…if you got that one correct, you may proceed to the quiz.  If you answered B, go read “Clover Lane” and stop whining, if you answered C:  To remove a blood stain: Immediately rinse under cold running water, then rub stain with bar soap and rinse. If it's still there, add 1/4 cup ammonia to one gallon of cold water and soak for 15 minutes. Launder with color-safe or chlorine bleach.
Read more: Stain Removal Tips Quiz - How to Remove Stains - Good Housekeeping  (and you thought I was kidding about that.)

Beth’s Super Duper Rainy Day Friendly No Pressure Quiz

1.  Your house looks like:

a)  a tornado hit it

b)  perfect in every way

c)  a square, with a rectangle door and a triangle roof.

2.  You drive a

a)  disgusting, french fry infested, stained and stinky minivan

b)  a cute little convertible Beetle

c)  hard bargain 

3.  Your favorite pasttime is

a)  Pinterest, reading blogs, Pinterest, Facebook, and Pinterest.  Also conversing with your guinea pig.

b)  organizing your lingerie

c)  napping

4. Your Celebrity Crush

a)  Ryan Reynolds

b)  Michael Bolton

c)  Justin Bieber

5.  You would describe your physique as

a)  comfortably soft, wobbly, and gooshy

b)  cute and tiny like a cockroach

c)  a head, torso, two arms, and two legs. 

6.  If no one in your house was allergic, and you could get a cat, which you would love and hug and snuggle soooo much  you would name him

a)  Mr. Fluffernutter Roberto McScratchy

b)  Fido

c)  Sweet Salmonella

7.  Favorite way to eat an Oreo

a)  open it, eat the cookie side that has no cream on it, break the other side in half, put those two sides together to make a Doublestuff, and eat.

b)  you don’t eat Oreos.

c)  bite into it and chew.  Then swallow it.

8.  Number of cars you have accidentally backed into with your car

a)  4 1/2*

b)  0

c)  12

9.  Your plans for the day include

a)  Pinterest, Facebook, cleaning the toilet

b)  meditation and  fasting

c)  removing the bloodstains from your son’s pants

 

If you answered mostly A’s:  YOU ARE PERFECT!

If You answered mostly B’s:  I do not like you, but I will pretend to, because I am an adult.

If you answered mostly C’s:  You seem like a nice enough person.  Good luck with those pants.

 

*my bratty brother Dave’s car, the lovely Jamae’s car (yes…two seperate occasions), my friend Cindy’s car, my friend Jenny’s car, and the 1/2 is because Dave’s boss parked his Corvette (I kid you not) behind my car, and I backed out not expecting it (pretty much the case with all of the cars), but looked in the mirror inches before I came into contact with it. 

8 comments:

stephanie said...

Mostly A's girlfriend!! Pinterest & Facebook sounds like a perfect day to me!!!

Jemsmom said...

I am perfect!!! I KNEW IT!!! This was the best quiz ever!!!!!

Karen said...

So funny that both my minivan and my imaginary cat go by the name of Mr. McScratchy..... Oh, and ofcourse I got all A's, just like in school, baby! (ok, not really!)

Tara said...

Fun quiz! In reference to #6, I have a stray cat coming around my house who I have been feeding and have named Boo Boo Kitty; how does that name grab you?

Wendy said...

Does backing into the garage 4 times count? Then all is good! Great quiz Beth!

Wendy said...

I just read Jane Doe's comment...I think we might be feeding the same cat!

Tara said...

Wendy. . . is it a little black cat?

Holly said...

I'm pretty perfect for you, wobbly and gushy. I'm skeered of pinterest though. Afraid to start, and you'd better stop trying to make people do it because I hear it's like crack. Actually I haven't heard that, I'm just assuming.