Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pierced!

Maddie got her ears pierced this week courtesy of Aunt Jamae and Uncle Dave’s Christmas present to her. 

Maddie has always said she would NEVER get her ears pierced, because it seemed dumb to her to voluntarily choose to have someone hurt you, which makes sense when you think about it.  But when Aunt Jamae offered her the chance, she decided to be brave and take it.

It was supposed to be a trip to Claire’s with Aunt Jamae, but I had to come along because Maddie wanted to have me there to hold her hand. 

The trip began with a ride in Aunt Jamae’s awesome Mini-Cooper.

2010_1228piercedears0002

A Mini-Cooper is so much cooler than a Minivan.

We drove right to Claire’s, and Maddie picked out garnet, her birthstone, to be her first pair of earrings.

Maddie was scared.  She really did hold and squeeze my hand for the first ear.

2010_1228piercedears0005

2010_1228piercedears0006

But after the first ear, she said, “Wow!  That didn’t hurt at all!” and she didn’t need me for the second ear.

2010_1228piercedears0007

Our ear piercer had quite a few piercings herself, on her lip and nose, in addition to a very entertaining range of tattoos.  Aunt Jamae promised Maddie she could get a tattoo next Christmas.  (I think a nice little heart with “MOM” written inside it would be acceptable, what do you think??)

2010_1228piercedears0009

Thanks, Aunt Jamae!  You’re the best!

P.S.  I want to clear something up regarding my last post.  I got an email from a friend who was surprised we threw the children’s Dippin’Dots maker away, and was concerned that they were upset.  So to make things clear,  we saved the dot molds and funnel.  We can still make Dippin’ Dots, we just won’t use the unnecessary, faulty, unwieldy dispenser to do so.  The kids were not in the least upset, except for possibly with the Dippin’ Dots company for making such crap.   Thankyouverymuch.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah Maddie!! Now you can make more and more trips to Claire's with her now!!! How fun!

Jemsmom said...

I am back!!!! Good times with family! Ha!!! I am excited for Maddie! Jemma has decided that she will never get her ears pierced. We will see about that!! Did the worker at Claire's scare you at all? I would be a little afraid she would miss and hit a lip, nose or tongue! I have to go back and read about the Dippin' Dots. I am sure it will be hilarious!!!